AGENDA FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF PEACE IN THE COLOMBIAN PACIFIC
The Agenda for the Construction of Peace in the Colombian Pacific is a proposal that was born in the framework of peace building workshops conducted by Manos Visibles and Pacific Network consists of about 300 Colombian Pacific leaders.
Besides the fact that Pacific region has been affected by lawlessness and neglect of the state, also concentrating a significant number of municipalities where "post-conflict" - or locally called "post-agreement", will take place. Thus, we start from the concept of peace not as a cyclical but as a structural issue, on basis of the reality in territory.
1. Strengthening institutional and community capacity.
2. Culture as the main instrument of social reconstruction.
3. Sustainable economic revitalization.
4. Education for coexistence.
5. Local Mental Health Program (massive and robust).
6. Education for Peace and membership through diversified and timely information.
7. Platform for Peace Project, focusing on the most critical municipalities.